Senior Web Designer
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To work alongside the President and Chief Technology Officer in a tactically oriented
function to meet the graphic design needs of our technology clients. The Company
seeks a competent and creative designer that consults with client organizations
to determine visual requirements that support organizational business goals. The
candidate will need to be bright, imaginative, and a capable designer with strong
communication skills specifically seeking a smaller environment to work with as
The Senior Designer is responsible for the creation of all online visual design,
including typography, visual concept, logo and icon design for the Internet and
interactive platforms. They effectively communicate and coordinate with the information
architect, writer and production artists to ensure that the visual design communicates
the desired message, and functions successfully for varying technical and performance
specifications. The candidate must be capable of leading the creative aspects of
a project and have demonstrated strong business acumen .
- Minimum of five years experience as a graphic designer in the following areas: Interactive,
agency creative, and graphic design
- Minimum of two years of experience in Web design and online marketing
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software, such as
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects
- Ability to create superior, original designs for the Web
- Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints
of the Internet.
- Strong conceptual skills, including online software concepts and online experience
- Solid understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility
- Strong technical knowledge of how web-based technologies apply to web design such
as HTML, Flash, CSS, and AJAX.
- Knowledge of Web site structure and functionality.
- Understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, colour theory and
typography in both print and digital media.
- Has demonstrated successful design and integration, and the delivery of projects
on time and within the given budget.
- Ability to effective manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet
deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently on strategic issues with client, capable of managing
fairly complex projects
- Ability to work with a large variety of clients,
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines is essential for
a fast-paced environment
top of page | careers